Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact Congressman Kinzinger?
There are numerous way to contact me:

  • Send me a letter via e-mail, fax or mail it to my Ottawa  or *Washington, D.C. office.
    *Mail delivery to my Washington D.C. office is typically slower due to U.S. Capitol screening processes.
  • Call one of my offices and a member of my staff will help answer questions or provide additional information and assistance:

    Washington, D.C. Office 
    (202) 225-3635


    Ottawa Office
    (815) 431-9271
  • If you are prefer to speak with my staff in person, feel free to stop by one of my offices:

    Washington, D.C. Office
    2245 Rayburn HOB
    Washington, DC 20515
    Hours: Monday-Friday
    9:00AM-6:00PM ET


    Ottawa Office
    628 Columbus, Suite 507
    Ottawa, IL 61350
    Hours: Monday-Friday
    8:30AM-5:00PM CT

Can Congressman Kinzinger's office help me with issues I am having with federal agencies?
As your Congressman, my top priority is to serve and represent you in Washington.  One of the most important responsibilities my office has is to help you navigate through federal agencies.  Although my office cannot overrule decisions made by federal agencies, we can help cut through the bureaucratic tape to get your questions asked and work toward finding a solution.

My office can help you with the following agencies: Department of Education, Federal Communications Commission, Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Internal Revenue Service, Department of Labor, Medicare, Military, Office of Personnel Management, Passport Service, Postal Service, Social Security Administration, State Department, and Department of Veterans Affairs.

Click HERE to learn more about how my office can help.

Where can I go to learn more about Congressman Kinzinger's voting record and his stances on the issues important to me?
You can see my voting record by clicking on the "Vote Record" box which is located in the lower right-hand corner of the homepage.  This widget is updated following every vote I take in Congress.

To read more about my stances on the issues such as jobs and the economy, our federal budget, the Middle East, health care, energy,  immigration and more, visit my Issues and Legislation page.

What committee does Congressman Kinzinger serve on?
I am honored to serve on both the House Energy and Commerce Committee and the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

I serve on three subcommittees on Energy and Commerce: Communications and Technology; Commerce, Manufacturing and Trade; and Energy and Power, and two subcommittees on the House Foreign Affairs Committee: Middle East North Africa, and Asia and the Pacific.

Is Congressman Kinzinger still active in the military?
I have the great honor of being able to continue serving my country as a pilot in the Air National Guard as a Member of Congress with current rank of Major.

What part of Illinois does Congressman Kinzinger represent?
I represent Illinois' 16th Congressional District.  Our district includes all or parts of Boone, Bureau, DeKalb, Grundy, Ford, Iroquois, LaSalle, Lee, Livingston, Ogle, Putnam, Stark, Will, and Winnebago Counties.

How can I schedule a meeting with Congressman Kinzinger?
If you are interested in inviting me or a member of my staff to an event or request a meeting with the office, please click HERE to fill out a scheduling request form.

Both our Washington, DC and District office will do their best to process and accommodate your request as quickly as possible. For Washington, D.C. requests, due to the demands and changes of the congressman’s schedule, we typically do not schedule more than one week out for appointments or events. 

What tours does Congressman Kinzinger's office offer?
Our office is here to assist you as you plan for your upcoming trip to our nation's Capitol.  Please note that due to high demand, White House tour requests must be made a minimum of three months prior to your visit.  Capitol building tours are less demanding, but we ask for a minimum of one week's notice. 

If you would like to schedule a tour of the Capitol building or the White House, please click HERE to fill out a tour request form. Our office will do our best to process and accommodate your request as quickly as possible, however, if you do not hear from my office within three business days, please do not hesitate to call (202) 225-3635 and check on the status of your request.

We are also happy to help arrange additional tours.  For more information, please fill out this form.

Can your office help me to purchase a flag that is flown over the Capitol for a special occasion? 
Our office is pleased to facilitate purchases of U.S. flags that have been flown over the Capitol building. Flags flown over Capitol will include an official certificate noting the date flown with a short message to personalize the certificate.

To purchase a flag, please fill out this form and mail your check to the address below. Please note that we cannot process flag requests until we receive your check. Please make your check payable to "Congressman Adam Kinzinger Office Supply Account."

Congressman Adam Kinzinger
2245 Rayburn HOB
Washington, D.C. 20515

You will receive your flag approximately two to three weeks after the date you request the flag to be flown. If you any questions or would like additional information, please call my office at 202-225-3635.

Office Locations

Select the office you wish to contact.
Washington, D.C.
Washington, DC Office
Ottawa District Office
Ottawa District Office
Watseka District Office
Wateska District Office